Oct 5, 2011

Headed Westward

I'm getting out of dodge tomorrow and heading to California for a mini trip up the west coast.  First, I'll be in Santa Monica teaching a private workshop.   I've never been to LA before, so I am really excited to walk the beach and smell that Pacific Air.  I also can't wait to help my friend celebrate her birthday in a big way with a day of embroidery!
Next I'll head up the coast to Berkeley to spend a week with my close friends and catch up with lots of other people I know in the Bay.  While I'm there, I'll be teaching a workshop on the 13th in the Mission.  There's still space available, so to all you Bay area readers; I hope to meet you!    I'll try my best to post a few pics of the workshops and the ocean while I'm in California.  Do any of you have recommendations for things not to miss while I'm in Santa Monica/San Francisco/ Berkeley/ Oakland?  I'd love to hear your suggestions....

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your class, thank you so much! I learned a lot and had a lot of fun too. As soon as I got home tonight I pulled out the embroidery patterns and floss I have been collecting and spread them all over my bed! I'm already plotting what to start after I finish my gorgeous sampler. It was great to meet you. Hope you make it to Bakesale Betty for her fried chicken sandwich and pie! Article Pract yarn store is just down a few storefronts too. Also, Chop Bar in Oakland by Jack London Square in the bomb, I love that place, fabulous food and local beer. Hope you enjoy your visit and please come back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun Heather, it was great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete